- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour)
- 3/4 cup almond flour bobs (I used Bob's Red Mill blanched almond flour)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate, roughly chopped ( I like to use 88% dark)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Nutpods vanilla dairy-free creamer (or other dairy-free creamer)
- 2 vegan eggs ( I used Ener-G brand)
- 2 large very ripe bananas, peeled, mashed with fork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In medium mixing bowl add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until mixture becomes slightly thick. Add egg substitute and whisk until oil mixture is no longer separated.
- Add mashed bananas, creamer and vanilla extract. Whisk until all wet ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a small mixing bowl add gluten-free flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all dry ingredients are well combined then pour dry mix into wet banana mixture. Whisk again until you have a cake-like batter. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 pan and bake for 75 minutes on 325 degrees until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the thickest part of the bread. Let rest 30-45 minutes to cool before slicing.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 12 points (tip: remove chocolate and substitute low calorie syrup for maple syrup for a 7 point per serving treat)