Green Grass Foods, Inc. Position Description
Job Title: Director of Sales – Natural
Employment Status: Full Time / Exempt
Who We Are:
Green Grass Foods, Inc is the manufacturer of the best-selling brand, nutpods, a plant based, dairy-free alternative to half and half made from almonds and coconuts. Awarded as “Editor’s Pick” at the Natural Products Expo in its debut year, nutpods has grown tremendously online and at traditional brick and mortar retailers and is available nationwide. nutpods has fostered a cult following and is Certified Vegan, Gluten-Free, and OU Kosher, and is Whole30 Approved and non-GMO Project Verified. www.nutpods.com
Our culture is of huge importance to the owners and team at nutpods. We are looking for people who will be a great fit. Here is what we love about our culture:
We are COLLABORATIVE, encouraging input from different perspectives.
We are KIND, communicating effectively and treating each other with respect.
We are AGILE, adapting to changing conditions while achieving our goals.
We are DATA-DRIVEN, embracing a test and learn culture.
We are RESOURCEFUL, creative thinkers finding optimal solutions in unexpected ways.
We are nutpods.
The nutpods team is a close-knit group, and we support each other’s personal and professional aspirations. Our team is poised for additional strong growth and we are looking for candidates who want to take a long-term journey with us.
The Director of Sales Natural role is accountable for delivering on plan or better annual operating plan results through effective customer fact-based selling strategies, development of winning relationships with the retail community including but may not be limited to conventional and club customers, alignment and adherence to a disciplined net revenue management process, effective management of distribution and broker partners, and working collaboratively with functional teammates in operations, finance, and marketing to leverage the collective strengths of our organization.
- Net Revenue Management - Helps to implement and execute a disciplined management process that works to optimize the gross sales-to-net sales equation. This process includes assisting in the building of customer-specific annual plans including trade calendar development, assortment, merchandising, pricing, promotion and all aspects of trade spending. Adherence to trade spend budgets and meeting overall P/L goals via this net revenue management process is central to the success of this position.
- Category Leadership - Leading the continued development of our category leadership strategy. This includes fact-based selling story development and collaboration with business insights team to optimize sales and profitability.
- Winning Customer Relationships - Responsible for developing win-win customer relationships that position our company as the category expert / consultant for their business. The goal is to build strategic alliances that are sustainable over time for both the company and for customers based on the complexities and dynamics present in the marketplace.
- Sales & Operational Process - Executes the S&OP process build by sales and executive management in partnership with the supply chain and finance functional teams. This includes executing against a team approach to trade planning, forecasting, managing inventory, customer service, and issue resolution.
- Communication - Develop strong lines of communication internally with the rest of the sales team along with cross-functional colleagues and externally with broker/distributor partners and others to ensure alignment across the business.
Example of Key Natural accounts included but not limited to Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Fresh Thyme, INFRA, Earth Fare, New Seasons, NCG, NGVC, PCC. This position will directly manage the UNFI and KeHE distributor relationships for the organization as well. Other select Speciality accounts with certain geographies will be include as well.
Required Skill Set and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree preferred in related field (Business or Marketing)
- Initiative - Self-starter; identifies and acts on opportunities to accelerate results.
- Strategic + Creative Problem Solving - Ability to define the issue/opportunity, gather the facts, develop the range of solutions, sort out the strengths and limitations and arrive at a recommendation that best meets the needs of the business.
- Project Management - Strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to manage project from start to finish, including coordinating activities across multiple functional groups with non-direct reporting resources
- Budget Management - Proven ability to effectively manage trade spend/selling expense budgets thru a well-defined set of processes and methods.
- Selling Story Development - Proven ability to proactively identify business opportunities/issues; mine the data, define the insights and build fact-based selling tools that support communication to customers.
- Business Relationships - Must have strong "people" skills, ability to develop strong internal / external relationships and bring to bear your influence across our organization and externally to our customers.
- Oral + Written Communication - Highly developed written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively and appropriately communicate status, plans, issues and updates in a timely manner.
- Organization + Execution - Highly organized; proven ability to effectively plan and execute in order to accomplish objectives.
- Positive, supportive attitude
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Passion for living a healthy lifestyle
Additonal competencies for success at nutpods:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE DEDICATION - Dedicated to listening and understanding the customer anticipating their needs; giving top priority to customer satisfaction.
- COLLABORATION- Working effectively within the organization to accomplish the mission, understand the values and vision and to integrate into all functional areas of the business.
- TEAM INFLUENCE- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement; modifying behaviors to accommodate the tasks, situations, and people involved.
- DEVELOPMENT – Willing and able to develop skills and competencies to support current and future jobs.
- INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP (INFLUENCE)- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (customers, peers, and superiors) toward goal achievement; modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- MAXIMIZING PERFORMANCE- - Goal ownership orriented and open to coaching in an effort to optimize individual and company performance.
- STRONG TEAM MEMBER- -Focused on organizational goals, understanded the impotance of blending into teams and supporting strong morale and sense of purpose within the team. Understands why groups do what they do. Picks up intentions, needs, positions, values and motivational triggers of fellow team members.
- FLEXIBILITY / ADAPTABILITY - The ability to readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance.
- RESOURCEFUL - having the ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties.
Please email cover letter and resume to Edward McDonald to apply.
Green Grass Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.