Creamy Vanilla Lemon Oats
Level: Easy Peasy
Prep Time: 1 min
Total Time: 5 min
These oats are anything BUT basic. The nutpods Vanilla Lemon Creamer lends decadent, bright and slightly sweet notes, while the toppings take the nutrients + taste to the next level. The perfect pick me up when you need something satisfying, easy and delicious for breakfast.
- 1 cup nutpods Vanilla Lemon Creamer
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional toppings: sliced fruit (I recommend strawberries + banana), coconut shreds or flakes, nut butter, more coconut oil or butter, maple syrup or chopped dates, and more nutpods Vanilla Lemon Creamer)
- Bring the creamer and water to a slow boil in a stovetop pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the oats, flaxseed, coconut oil or butter and cinnamon and stir well, cooking on medium- medium low heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and dish into a large bowl. Oatmeal should be a bit on the liquid side, you want it creamy as it will continue to firm.
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!