Soaked and blended cashews give this Holiday nog a thick, creamy texture, while dates add a natural sweetness. Serve it as is for the whole family to enjoy, or add a splash of your favorite booze for the grown-ups.
- 1/2 cup whole raw cashews
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Vanilla nutpods
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon, cloves, and salt
- Bourbon, brandy or whiskey, to taste (optional)
- Soak the cashews and dates in the nutpods for 1 hour.
- Add the nutpods mixture and spices to a blender. Puree until smooth, processing for 1 to 2 minutes. Pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl or pitcher.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Stir well and serve as is, or add a splash of bourbon, brandy or whiskey.