Ganache Lava Cakes
Level: Master Chef
Prep Time: 120 min
Total Time: 155 min
Do ahead: Prepare the ganache centers
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutpods, original or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl or dish with a lid.
- Add Nutpods to a small saucepan. Over medium heat bring Nutpods just barely to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat immediately and pour Nutpods over chocolate chips. Do not stir. Cover and let sit undisturbed for 5 mins.
- Stir mixture until chocolate is blended and creamy.
- Add Grand Marnier and stir until incorporated.
- Place mixture in the fridge until it is the texture of pudding, about 1 hour.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of ganache onto a sheet with parchment paper or into mini-muffin molds. Repeat until ganache is gone. Makes about 6 centers.
- Place in the freezer until hard balls are formed, at least 2 hours. These will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Molten Lava Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons safflower or vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400º F
- Lightly grease 6, 3-inch ramekins. Line the bottom of each ramekin with a parchment circle to ease cake removal.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa, and mix well.
- Add oil, melted chocolate, vanilla, vinegar, and water to the same bowl and mix until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Fill each ramekin about 1/3 full and place a frozen Nutpods ganache ball on top of each at the center. Do not push the frozen ganache in.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 3 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of ramekins. Place a plate on top of ramekin and turn upside down to unmold. Remove piece of parchment.
Serve with vegan whipped cream, ice cream, or powdered sugar and fresh fruit.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 19 points (tip: substitute stevia in place of the cane sugar for a 12 point per serving treat; note: does not include the optional grand marnier)