Garlic Cream Pasta w/ Spring Veggies + Fresh Herbs
Prep Time: 4 hours min
Total Time: 4.5 hours min
A comforting, creamy and seasonal pasta dish light enough for spring, that also happens to be gluten, dairy and sugar-free thanks to a nutpods creamer base.
For the Pasta:
- 1 package red lentil or chickpea noodles (I like Banza or Tolerant brands)
- sea salt + black pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups of shelled green peas, either fresh or frozen
- Fresh herbs such as basil, mint, chives or dill
- optional vegan cheese topping such as Kite Hill or Follow Your Heart
For the Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours (or 20 minutes in almost boiling water)
- 1 cup nutpods original unsweetened dairy-free creamer
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: add in a couple tbsp of vegan parmesan cheese.
- Bring two medium-sized pots of water to boil on the stove.
- While water is heating, add all garlic cream sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. Pour into a third stove-top pot or skillet and whisk over medium heat until thickened and beginning to bubble, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Once water is boiling add pasta to one pot (and follow cooking package instructions) and the peas and asparagus to another pot. Blanch the peas and asparagus (i.e. boil them in the pot of water for about 2 minutes), then drain and set aside.
- Once pasta is done boiling, drain, then toss in the skillet or pot with the garlic cream sauce. Add in the blanched veggies, then sprinkle in fresh herbs, optional vegan parm cheese, and salt + pepper to taste.
- NOTE -- you can also try roasting or grilling the veggies which will add an additional depth of flavor, but may add more time to the original recipe.
Category: Main Dishes