Creamy Vodka Tomato Sauce
Level: Harder Than Easy
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of a white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Nutpods (original)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups (dry) penne pasta (about 16oz)
Crushed red pepper
Non-dairy parmesan cheese
- Chop garlic and onion very finely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook stirring frequently, until onion is soft and sweet (about 3 minutes).
- Add vodka and cook for 3-5 minutes or until alcohol has cooked off and liquid has been reduced by half.
- Add vegetable stock and crushed tomatoes and turn heat down to simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While sauce is simmering, boil a large pot of water and cook pasta to package instructions.
- Add Nutpods to tomato sauce and stir well. As soon as sauce starts to bubble again turn off heat and remove sauce.
- Drain pasta and mix it with tomato sauce, fresh basil, crushed red pepper, and non-dairy parmesan cheese.
Category: Main Dishes