- 1 cup carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Nutpods (original flavor)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
3 cups (dry) elbow macaroni
- Peel and coarsely chop carrots. In a small pot, add enough water to cover carrots and bring to a boil. Cook until carrots are very soft, about 10 minutes, and drain water.
- Add cooked carrots and 1/3 cup of water to a blender or food processor, and purée. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add vegan butter and onions. Stirring occasionally, cook until onions are soft and transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over onion and butter mixture, gently stir and cook for about 1 minute. Decrease heat to medium low.
- Add white wine, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Nutpods, almond milk, puréed carrots, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt.
- Cook on medium low, stirring frequently, for another 10 minutes or until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Carefully put entire mixture into blender and mix on a medium setting for 1 minute or until onions are smooth and sauce is creamy.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain macaroni water and stir in Nutpods cheese sauce.