Recipe courtesy of Shanna Keller
Prep Time: 3 min
Total Time: 5 min
- 2 bags of Chai blend tea per every 10oz of boiling water
(or, your favorite loose leaf Chai tea blend)
- 1 thumbsized piece of ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 anise seed pod
- 24 cloves
- 24 peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- nutpods Hazelnut creamer
- Note: There are Whole30 compliant Chai tea blends widely available, but some brands do use stevia or other sweeteners in their tea blends. Be certain to read your labels.
- CUT open desired amount of tea bags, and empty them into a French Press. Add the ginger, anise seed pod, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon stick. Slowly pour desired amount of just boiled water over the tea. Gently stir the beverage to combine.
- SET a timer for 5 minutes. In the meantime, warm a ceramic mug with extra boiling water. When mug is warm, discard the water and add your desired amount of nutpods Hazelnut creamer.
- WHEN five minutes has passed, plunge the French Press. Pour the tea into the mug and stir with a wooden stick to combine the tea and the creamer. Snuggle up with your favorite novel, and savor.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 5 points