Butternut Cream Soup
Recipe and photo courtesy of Kayla Schmah
Level: Easy Peasy
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt (less if your stock is salted)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup Nutpods (original)
Non-dairy sour cream
- Remove membrane from squash using a peeler, halve, remove seeds and chop into 1-inch cubes. Chop onion. Peel carrot and chop.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft and transparent.
- Turn heat down to medium low. Add stock, squash and carrot. Cover and cook until squash is very soft, 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully tilt pot and remove about 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Using extra caution, pour soup into your blender. Add maple syrup and curry powder. Blend on high for 1 minute. Soup should be very smooth with no lumps.
- Add Nutpods and salt to taste. Blend once more just to incorporate.
- Garnish with a swirl of non-dairy sour cream or some finely chopped pecans.