The holiday season is abundant with warm, cozy and boozy beverages, most heavily laden with cream, sugar and other ingredients that taste delicious but leave us feeling less than stellar.
Enter in this Peppermint Mocha Hot Toddy, which is free of sugar and dairy (thanks to nutpods Peppermint Mocha Creamer) but still has a creamy, slightly sweet and refreshing taste. Perfect for an afternoon treat by the fire or post-holiday meal.
For The Hot Toddy:
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- ½ cup peppermint schnapps
- ⅓ cup creme de cacao
- ¼ cup nutpods Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- Coconut whipped cream
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Fresh mint
- Combine the coffee, peppermint schnapps and creme de cacao in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-low until hot (steam should be rising).
- Remove from heat and stir in nutpods Peppermint Mocha Creamer -- you can also blend it all together for a few seconds in a high speed blender if you prefer it nice and foamy.
- Garnish with coconut whipped cream, fresh mint leaves and dark chocolate shavings. Serves 2-4.