Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Level: Harder Than Easy
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 16 ounces penne or other pasta (I use gluten free)
- 2 T butter (or vegan butter)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 T flour (an all-purpose gluten-free flour works fine)
- 3/4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup nutpods, plain
- 3/4 cup dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Two big handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to package instructions while you make the sauce.
- To make the cream sauce: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Do not burn! Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in plain nutpods, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If your sauce is too thick (the kind of flour and butter products you use may thicken it too much), just add in a few more tablespoons of broth to thin to your liking.
- Stir in pasta and fold in the spinach until well combined and the spinach has wilted.
* Note: This is a pretty flexible dish, so feel free to add in cooked chicken, sausage, or shrimp!
Category: Main Dishes